Solar Thermal Hot Water SystemsWhat’s more, solar water heating can provide up to 60% of your annual hot water requirements.
The benefits of solar water heating
- Hot water throughout the year. The system works all year round, though you’ll need to heat the water further with a boiler or immersion heater during the winter months.
- Reduced energy bills. Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the initial installation your hot water costs will be reduced.
- Lower carbon footprint. Solar hot water is a green, renewable heating system and can reduce your carbon dioxide emissions.
How do solar water heating systems work?
Solar water heating systems use solar panels, called collectors, fitted to your roof. These collect heat from the sun and use it to heat up water which is stored in a hot water cylinder. A conventional boiler or immersion heater can be used to make the water hotter, or to provide hot water when solar energy is unavailable.
At South West Plumbing we fit the highly efficient Worcester-Bosch Greenskies range of solar thermal systems.
Just call our office on 01803 615000 and our helpful staff will be pleased to make an appointment for someone to visit your property to discuss your requirements, or email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Air Source Heat PumpsAir-to-Air Heat Pumps – an efficient way to heat your home without relying on burning fossil fuels.
An air source heat pump extracts heat from the outside air in the same way that a fridge extracts heat from its inside. It can get heat from the air even when the temperature is as low as -15° C. The heat they extract from the air is constantly being renewed naturally.
The benefits of air-to-air heat pumps
- Lower fuel bills, especially if you are replacing conventional electric heating
- Lower home carbon emissions, depending on which fuel you are replacing
- No fuel deliveries needed
- Minimal maintenance required
- Up to 500% efficient
- Can also provide cooling in the summer
- Inbuilt air purification – ideal for allergy sufferers
If you would you like a renewable heating system designed specifically for you and your property, just get in touch. You can call our office on 01803 615000 and one of our team will be pleased to make an appointment for someone to visit your property, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you, or simply click the Book Appointment box. We can arrange a convenient appointment to visit your property to provide a fixed price quotation, so you’ll know the full costs upfront.
For your peace of mind, all of our work is covered by £5,000,000 public liability insurance and has a 12 month guarantee.